- Your Basket
- empty -
- Next working day delivery on orders made before 2pm* |
- Packets £3.49 / Parcels £4.49 |
- 60 day returns
- TEL: 0161 351 4700
Swell Bearded Dragon Starter Kit - Gold
- Next working day delivery on orders made before 2PM*
- Packets £3.49 / Parcels £4.49
- 60 day returns
Swell's Bearded Dragon Kit Gold gives everything you need for your reptile to live a happy life - and saves you money on top equipment.
Bearded dragons enjoy a sunny, desert environment, so this is what our kit replicates. We have created a hot, dry, rocky environment ideal for these types of lizards. Our starter kits are not just a collection of items, they replicate a whole habitat to create a "home from home" for your pet.
The kit comes with a stunning VivExotic Viva Vivarium Large (in a choice of three colours) which will give your Bearded Dragon plenty of room even as an adult. There is also an option to add a cabinet for a small additional charge.
In this kit you will receive all the necessary equipment you will need to keep a healthy dragon.
All the heat and UV equipment will come complete ready to place inside the vivarium, along with water and feeding dishes, a hide and sand. Also included is a small book with care instructions.
What's in the Bearded Dragon Kit?
- Vivexotic Viva Vivarium large 115cm x 49cm x 43mm (45" x 19" x 17")
- Heat mat
- Basking lamp 100w
- Lamp guard
- Ceramic Lamp holder and bracket
- UVB lamp (10% UVB) 25w
- Light control unit
- Feeding dish and water dish
- Hanging plants ideal for bearded dragon environment
- Vivarium lock
- Dial thermometer
- Desert sand 4kg x 2
- Calcium Dust
- Reptile hide large ('habba hut')
- Guide book
What's it all for?
The VivExotic Viva Vivarium large (oak, beech or walnut) is a large display tank which gives plenty of space for your bearded dragon to feed, rest and play. In a choice of three colours it will also look great in your home.
The Heat mat produces infra red heat. The heatwaves are invisible to the human eye and tends to heat up furnishings in the cage rather than the air. This makes your reptile's home very similar to its desert habitat where is very similar to the sun heats anything that it strikes but with the air temperature remaining much lower. Reptiles absorb this in a manner very similar to basking in a natural environment. Heat mats do get warm but provide a very gentle warmth which the animal can sit under or on top of.
Basking lamp, lamp guard and lamp holder
The Basking Lamp 100w allows a third more heat and lamp to be transmitted in a single tight beam. This lamp is perfect for use with high heat basking reptiles, such as tropical and desert species of reptile. The lamp is coupled with a Spot Lamp Guard and Ceramic Lamp Holder.
This thermostat is designed to regulate your spot lamp
UVB lamp (T8 tube)
Because bearded dragons enjoy a desert habitat, we include a 10% UVB lamp - which has a very high UVB output similar to that associated with desert environments. Desert locations receive more direct sunlight than any other because of fewer clouds, less air humidity and no plants or trees to provide shade. Therefore desert reptiles are more exposed to UV radiation than any other type of reptile.
Our light control units are suitable for your T8 tube and come ready with a three pin plug.
Feeding dish and Water dish
These resin reptile dishes have a very natural and realistic rock finish on the outside and a smooth non-pitted surface on the inside. The bowls are coated to prevent the development of harmful bacteria and make it easy to clean. The neutral natural colour allows easy integration in desert, tropical or any type of terrarium.
Our kit includes two hanging plants (typically Abutilon 30cm and 40cm but style may vary) which provide a natural hiding place for your reptile.
These viv locks are specially designed for vivarium sliding doors have an excellent and high quality lock mechanism.
We providea dial thermometer to monitor the temperature in your vivarium.
To further enhance your dragon's desert habitat we have included our Natural Sand, which is real natural desert sand with no added dyes or chemicals. The sand has been sifted to remove impurities and to obtain a homogeneous sand grain size.
Large reptile hide
Reptile hides ('habba hut' style) add much-needed privacy to any reptile's home. A perfect way to help reptiles feel safe and secure, reduces the stress associated with keeping animals in captivity.
We include Zoo Med's Proper Care of Bearded Dragons
You can also choose to match your vivarium with a Viva Cabinet (add to basket separately).
Please note the accompanying image is just a guide, brands of each product contained in the kit may vary depending on stock.
- Swell Silver bearded dragon kit comes with everything you need to look after your reptile. The Silver starter kit gives you most of the kit you'll need to keep an adult reptile. Offering more for your reptile to enjoy than the bronze kits these are an intermediate kit and don't offer quite as much as the Gold.
- Swell Frog Starter Kit is a gold standard kit offering everything you need to look after exotic frogs
- Swell Crested Gecko Bronze Starter Kit is the cheapest way for you to get all the kit you need to start caring for a crestie. The Bronze starter kit offers just the bare essentials for the novice reptile keeper. These kits come with small tanks and are designed for juvenile or hatchling reptiles
- This hatchling kit is not only ideal for baby reptiles and juvenile snakes, it's also a good starter kit for your first leopard gecko or even spider. The kits includes plastic...
- Swell Leopard Gecko Kit Bronze gives you all the basic equipment you need to keep a leopard gecko. The Bronze starter kit offers just the bare essentials for the novice reptile keeper. These kits come with small tanks and are designed for juvenile or hatchling reptiles.
- Swell Cornsnake Bronze Starter Kit is the cheapest way for you to get all the kit you need to start caring for a snake. The Bronze starter kit offers just the bare essentials for the novice reptile keeper. These kits come with small tanks and are designed for juvenile or hatchling reptiles