- Your Basket
- empty -
- Next working day delivery on orders made before 2pm* |
- Packets £3.49 / Parcels £4.49 |
- 60 day returns
- TEL: 0161 351 4700
Swell Chameleon Starter Kit Bronze (Flexarium)
- Next working day delivery on orders made before 2PM*
- Packets £3.49 / Parcels £4.49
- 60 day returns
The Chameleon Bronze Flexarium Kit is designed to help you make the ideal home for an adult Yemon/Veiled Chameleon.
The Veiled Chameleon, or Yemen Chameleon, is naturally found in Yemen and Saudi Arabia. They are arboreal lizards, spending the majority of their lives in tree tops.
We recommend a mesh flexarium (rather that a glass terrarium for humidity, or a wooden vivarium for insulation) for the Yemen chameleon because they don't need a lot of humidity and the mesh surround stops them feeling stressed. They hardly ever drink and don't like standing water so for that reason we don't include a water bowl, preferring instead a water dripper.
The kit not only contains everything you need to make a home for your reptile, it also saves you nearly £90 on the large kit.
Our chameleon kit is designed to replicate the tree habitats of Yemen and Saudi Arabia, so for that reason it doesn't have a high humidity (to replicate a rain forest for example) or particularly bright heat lamps (to replicate a desert for example).
What's in the bronze flexarium kit?
- Flexarium (100 gallon) 76 x 42 x 122 cm), 30 x 16.5 x 48
- Clamp lamp
- Mercury Vapour Bulb
- Digital Thermometer
- Digital Hygrometer
- Two large jungle vines
- Big Dripper (one gallon)
- Two large artificial ficus
- Orchid Bark (20 litre)
- Chameleon guidebook
- Calcium Dust
What's it all for?
The Flexarium is an open-air concept that provides optimal ventilation, which is very important for a number of reptile species including Chameleons. The Flexarium can also be positioned in front of windows, without the risk of overheating, as is common with glass terrariums.
Wire Clamp Lamp, Mercury Vapour Bulb
To create the right habitat for your chameleon we provide a Mercury Vapour Lamp and wire clamp to protect it.
Thermometer and Digital Hygrometer
The thermometer and digital hygrometer will allow you to monitor your humidity levels.
We provide bendable jungle vines so your pet can climb around and feel at home in his natural habitat.
Chameleons don't like drinking still water - they prefer to drink from waterfalls, rainwater and from dew on leaves. The Big Dripper one gallon drip water system, allows arboreal reptiles to access their water source as they would in nature. The Dripper has a folding handle lid that allows you to suspend the dripper above the enclosure.
The Ficus is a natural looking silk plant that will help your chameleon feel like he's in the jungle.
Orchid Bark is an attractive pine bark substrate that fits in with the colourful jungle environment. It also absorbs humidity and binds waste inside the terrarium. In addition it covers bad odours.
Pro Breeders - The Chameleon in Captivity
Vetark Nutrobal (100g) is our most popular and highly recommended calcium dust. It is used to 'dust' live food to correct the inadequate levels of calcium present in live insect foods such as crickets and mealworms.
|Chameleon Bronze Flexarium Starter Kit (100 Gallon)||Flexarium Size: 76 x 42 x 122 cm (WxDxH)|
- Swell Silver bearded dragon kit comes with everything you need to look after your reptile. The Silver starter kit gives you most of the kit you'll need to keep an adult reptile. Offering more for your reptile to enjoy than the bronze kits these are an intermediate kit and don't offer quite as much as the Gold.
- Swell Bearded Dragon Gold Starter Kit provides the very best equipment for the serious bearded dragon keeper. The Gold starter kit offers everything you need to look after your reptile in the long term including large tank and the requisite heating, lighting and décor. Most of the Gold kits are ideal for people who want to keep more than one reptile in the tank.
- Swell Frog Starter Kit is a gold standard kit offering everything you need to look after exotic frogs
- Swell Crested Gecko Bronze Starter Kit is the cheapest way for you to get all the kit you need to start caring for a crestie. The Bronze starter kit offers just the bare essentials for the novice reptile keeper. These kits come with small tanks and are designed for juvenile or hatchling reptiles
- This hatchling kit is not only ideal for baby reptiles and juvenile snakes, it's also a good starter kit for your first leopard gecko or even spider. The kits includes plastic...
- Swell Cornsnake Bronze Starter Kit is the cheapest way for you to get all the kit you need to start caring for a snake. The Bronze starter kit offers just the bare essentials for the novice reptile keeper. These kits come with small tanks and are designed for juvenile or hatchling reptiles