For larger reptiles such as Bearded Dragons or Uromastyx, a secondary basking spot lamp like an Exo terra Sun Glo Tight Beam might be needed to maintain their overall body temperature - nice and hot, just how they like it!
In the wild, your desert dwelling reptile would receive a huge amount of warmth and visible light from the Sun, and to allow them to have a healthy life style, this is easily replicated with a second spot lamp.
The reflective coating around the sides of the bulb means that the light beam is considerably narrower than most other spot lamps - more like the 'Spot Light' at the theatre - intense and focused on one spot which your reptile can move under should they be feeling a little chilly.
Each Exo Terra Sun Glo Tight Beam Basking Spot Lamp features:
- A 35% increase of light and heat in the beam compared with Exo Terra's normal lamp
- The ability to create a precise basking area for thermoregulation.
- Capability to increase ambient air temperature
- Stimulates breeding behaviour through visible light rays
- Can be combined with Night Glo or Heat Glo for a 24 hours cycle.
Don't forget! This lamp gives your reptile an essential dose of heat and UVA (Visible light), however they still need a UVB source (UV spot lamp) to be able to generate vitamin D3 to avoid metabolic bone disease. That being said, an extra tight-beam lamp like this can make a huge difference to your reptile's health and happiness, available at a low price from Swell Reptiles and with Same-Day Despatch available.