Reptiles are ectotherm, and use heat from an external source to thermoregulate their optimal body temperature. Most reptiles use direct radiant heat from the sun in combination with conductive heat from sun-heated surfaces such as branches, rocks or other heat accumulating structures. Providing such an appropriate, species related, temperature gradient in the terrarium is an important factor in successful reptile keeping.
This Exo Terra Dimming / Pulse Thermostat will also help to prevent overheating and undercooling during hot summer days or cold winter nights, with the ability to set temperatures from 18°C up to 38°C / 64°F - 100°F.
The Dimming & Pulse Proportional function keeps the temperature at the desired set point, with a much higher accuracy than conventional thermostats and virtually eliminates temperature swings in the terrarium. The easy-to-read blue LCD screen shows actual and set temperature, with a simple red LED indicating when the heating element is on.
This features a recessed dial to prevent any accidental changes in the setting, and includes a waterproof temperature probe, so is ideal for forest set ups, as well as arid ones. This can control any heating device on either a dimming or a pulse proportional setting, up to 300w, and is best used for heat bulb, ceramics, and heat cables.
ExoTerra Dimming / Pulse Thermostat 300w:
- Dimming & Pulse Proportional function controls terrarium temperatures very accurately
- From 18°C up to 38°C (64°F - 100°F)
- Red LED and heating symbol will indicate when heating device is ON
- Push button/dial system to avoid accidental setting or tampering
- Controls heating devices up to 300W.
- Waterproof remote temperature probe with built-in light sensor
- Easy-to-read blue LCD screen shows actual and set temperature