Reptile Systems D3 UV Basking Lamps 70w-160w
These bulbs emit heat and UVA & UVB, making them suitable for small or open-topped enclosures
- Range of basking lamps that provides an excellent source of UVA and UVB
- Aids the synthesis of vitamin D3
- 35 degree beam angle for wide basking area
Reptile Systems D3 Basking Lamps are mercury vapour bulbs and are safe to use with your reptiles - hang them vertically in your vivarium to allow the convection currents to circulate normally within the bulb, meaning you should get around 6000 hours of light, UV and heat out of each bulb. As with all Mercury Vapour bulbs, these bulbs cannot be used with thermostats and should only be used in large enclosures or open top tables.
The Reptile Systems D3 bulbs are not just more compact in size but offer a unique 70w version for reptiles that require warmer climates. These also usually work out cheaper to buy and cheaper to run than using a separate UV and heat source. With its standard E27 screw-in fitting it should fit almost all ceramic holders. Swell recommend using the Reptile Systems Ceramic Clamp Lamp or Black Edition.
All Reptile Systems Mercury Vapour lamps pass through the Reptile Systems unique triple quality check to ensure UVI output performs at the highest standards on every lamp.
- Provides source of UVA and UVB.
- Important for reptiles development and health.
- 35 degree beam angle for wide basking area.
- Aids the synthesis of Vitamin D3.
- Helps prevent metabolic bone disease.
- Stimulates reproduction.
- No external ballast required.
- 6 Months guarantee.