Terms and Conditions Last updated: 10th January, 2020
- Next working day delivery is available on all in stock items if ordered before 3pm. Next working day delivery is only available to UK Mainland addresses (Not including Scottish Highlands). Direct delivery & Special Order items state an estimated delivery date next to each product, These are a guide only.
- While we typically ship orders the same day or the following working day, we are unfortunately unable to guarantee that orders will arrive the following working day. We use a next day delivery service as our standard service and subsidise the cost to provide a better service for a lower price, but unfortunately, delays do sometimes occur. If your order is delayed, you can track it via our track your order page, our courier's website using the tracking links you will have received via email or you can call us for further information.
- Livefood orders are delivered directly from the breeder from Monday to Thursday to ensure food arrives fresh. Order before 1 pm for same day despatch on live foods. During exceptionally cold weather, the supplier may temporarily withhold orders to ensure food arrives alive.
- Frozen Foods are despatched the same day when ordered before 1 pm Monday to Thursday on a next working day delivery service. Swell Reptiles accepts no accountability should delivery be attempted and unreceived by the customer, which negatively affects the products quality on final receipt.
- Livefood and Frozen food are despatched Same Day when orders are placed before 2 pm, Monday - Thursday. Livefood should be with you within 2 working days. In cold weather, Livefood may not be despatched on Fridays due to the chance of being delayed over the weekend. Frozen food will be delivered next working day from despatch, on a pre 1 pm service. Orders placed after 2 pm on a Thursday, or from Friday - Sunday, will be despatched Monday, for delivery Tuesday morning.
- If goods are not received within 72 hours, contact us directly and we will offer you alternative products to the same value or a full refund.
- Goods must be signed for upon delivery and any damages/shortages reported to us within 24 hours.
- Swell Reptiles offers a free delivery service within the UK mainland subject to the conditions below:
- Parcel-based orders under £59 are subject to a £4.95 delivery charge. Packets sent by first class post and livefood orders (up to 24 boxes) are subject to a £3.49 charge. Orders over £59 are delivered free.
- The following UK postcodes AB30-56, IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-50 and ZE will incur an extra delivery charge.
- The Isle of Man (IM), Northern Ireland (BT) and Isles of Scilly (TR21-25) are all subject to additional delivery charges.
- Unfortunately our couriers are unable to provide a 24-hour delivery service on postcodes in the BT, PA, PH, AB, IV, KW, ZE or HS areas and deliveries will typically take 48-hours to arrive following dispatch from our warehouse.
- For other destinations please contact our customer services department at email@example.com or tel. 0161 351 4700.
- Pallet rates available on request.
- Swell Reptiles denies any liability for any consequential loss caused by damaged or faulty items, delay in dispatch or delays by carriers. In the unlikely event of a delivery not arriving on time, any extra delivery charge will be refunded. However we cannot accept any liability involving third party contractors and would advise that no arrangements be made for installation until you are in receipt of your order.
- Courier companies will attempt to delivery your parcel/s on two occasions (A card should be posted at each unsuccessful delivery attempt). If at this point a delivery cannot be made the parcel/s will be returned to the depot for collection by yourself.
- We provide an extended returns period to give you extra peace of mind when ordering. If you wish to cancel your order within 60 days of receipt of your products please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tel. 0161 351 4700. Products are to be returned in perfect condition to Swell Reptiles, Unit C SK14 Industrial Park, Broadway, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 4QF.
- The products being returned must be securely packed to avoid damage to the product or the retail packaging. We recommend returning the products by recorded delivery using Parcel Force. We will refund the cost of postage (up to a maximum of £4.95) in the event of an item arriving damaged or faulty.
- Swell Reptiles does not accept responsibility for goods returned by a customer, but which are not received, unless proof of delivery to us or receipt by the carrier is supplied.
- Swell Reptiles will refund all sums paid by you, less cost of return postage. For UK residents, if a product is damaged or faulty then a collection of the product will be arranged by Swell Reptiles. Residents outside the UK will need to cover postage costs themselves.
- Products that carry a manufacturer's guarantee can be returned, if faulty, to us for exchange/refund during the warranty period. All products still in guarantee will be tested upon return. If the seller accepts the return of goods/cancellation of order (other than on the grounds of defect) the seller reserves the right to make a handling, cancellation and restocking charge of 10%.
- For presumed faulty goods, if after testing your product is found to be non-faulty, a charge of £9.90 will be payable to cover collection and redelivery before your goods can be returned.
- Products that are specially made/ordered, perishables i.e. magazines, pond liners, plants, stainless steel products, videos, books etc. cannot be returned for a refund unless faulty/damaged.
- We process returns as quickly as possible. Returns are typically handled within 7 days, but it may take longer if testing is required to confirm the presence of a fault.
- Goods are not allowed to be tried/tested.
- VivExotic products are handled through a separate returns process. If you receive a damaged VivExotic product, you will need to fill in their claims form and VivExotic will return the replacement components directly to you.
- This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
- Refunds will be processed within 7-14 days.
- The total price payable for the goods will be stipulated at the time when you place your order.
- We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier's prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.
- Until dispatch of goods by the seller of goods to the buyer or the buyer's acceptance in writing of any quotation of the seller (whichever shall first occur) no contract for the sale of goods shall arise.
- All prices on our website are inclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise but exclusive of delivery charges which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order.
- If you have any complaints please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to sort out any problems.
- Contact us with your complaint at email@example.com, telephone us on 0161 351 4700 or write to Swell UK Ltd, Unit C SK14 Industrial Park, Broadway, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 4QF.
- Swell Reptiles reserve the right to alter / amend any price / product description as displayed on the website at any time.
Points Saver Scheme
Swell Reptiles Points Saver Scheme is our way of saying Thank You for your loyalty to Swell Reptiles, where we give you 1 point for every £1 you spend with us. Every time you make an online purchase you will earn points, which will be deducted from your next order, giving you little discounts with every shop!
These Points are valid on every item, and applicable on every order. If you spend £100, you gain £1 of points, which will be removed from your subsequent purchase. Swell Reptiles may change this rate for promotional activities, to allow you to gain 2 points per £1, or even 3!
Please note – there is no cash alternative value to these, and points cannot be used to cover the cost of delivery. Points will not be earned on delivery charge values, or against discount code values. Points cannot be earned or redeemed in store at Swell Superstore, but are still valid on discounted or sale items. Points cannot be transferred between any other member accounts. Orders placed over the telephone are not applicable for the Points Saver Scheme.
Lowest Price Guarantee
- Swell Reptiles offers a Lowest Price Guarantee. We'll beat prices advertised by our competitors, providing they meet these criteria:
- The product must be in stock, brand new and boxed, not on sale, clearance, damaged, shop soiled or an auction formatted offer.
- The product must be like-for-like. If we provide a free gift, this won't be included if a competitor doesn't offer the same.
- We only beat prices for UK-based retailers and are unable to provide this service for Ebay sellers.
- The product price must include any surcharges ie. postage and packaging, VAT etc.
- A link to the competitors product page must be provided.
- We must be able to verify our competitors price.
- You must have requested the Lowest Price Guarantee quote and have your request accepted and confirmed by us via email, before placing your order on the telephone.
- You can use this service in conjunction with voucher codes or other discounts.
- Swell Reptiles reserves the right to reject price beat requests.
- Please note: Lowest Price Guarantee requests cannot be made after an order has been processed.
- What Are the WEEE Regulations?
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
- The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
- Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in a landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
- Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items help to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
- Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
- What Is Swell Reptiles Doing?
- Swell Reptiles are obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when you buy from us a new Electrical or Electronic product.
- For example, if a customer bought a new electrical item from us we would accept their old electrical item and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
- Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below:
- Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
- How to Use the 'Take-Back' Scheme?
- If You Bought Your New Item in Store:
- Simply bring your like-for-like item into our store at the address below e.g. if you buy a new electrical item from us, you may return your old electrical item to us.
- Hand it over to the counter staff advising that you want to use the 'take-back' service.
- Show your receipt of purchase (or Invoice) for your new item.
- If You Bought Your New Item Online:
- Simply package up your like-for-like item e.g. if you buy a new electrical item from us, you may return your old electrical item to us.
- Put in the post with your receipt to the following address: WEEE Take Back Scheme, Swell UK Ltd, Unit C SK14 Industrial Park, Broadway, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 4QF.
- For large or heavy items please contact customer services by emailing WEEE@swelluk.com or calling 0161 351 4700 and we can arrange collection of your item.
- Alternatively you can recycle any waste electrical or electronic item at your local WEEE recycling depot! For full details please contact your local authority or visit www.recycle-more.co.uk
- Voucher codes can be used once per customer. If you enter a valid voucher code and have not previously used the same code on your customer account, the discount will be subtracted from the order total.
- In the event of your revised order total dropping below the threshold for free shipping, you will need to pay the postage costs or add further items to the basket in order to qualify for free shipping.
- Voucher codes can only be used via the website and we are unable to accept them for other transactions, including telephone orders and shop sales.
General Terms & Conditions
- Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
- Swell Reptiles gives no assurance as to the mutual compatibility of components sold on any single invoice. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the goods purchased are suitable for the purpose intended. Advice sought by the customer from Swell Reptiles in this respect may be given but cannot be relied upon by the customer or guaranteed by Swell Reptiles unless Swell Reptiles has access to the working system and the ability to carry out a full inspection of any equipment.
- Facebook competition winners will be chosen at random, the prize value is paid as credit on account and cannot be exchanged as a cash value. If your original goods are returned for a refund the value of the credit would be reapplied to your account. Not applicable for postal costs. Valid to use with online purchases only and is not redeemable in store.
Free Gifts & Offers
- Free gifts are not eligible for exchange or refund. If you later return your order for a refund then you must also return the free gift item or otherwise agree to purchase it at the current selling price. In the event of the free gift being out of stock or unavailable Swell Reptiles will offer Swell Points or an alternative product to the value of the current selling price.
- All Free Gifts will be posted to the address you supplied to us when placing your order.
- Spend and save offer is eligible for one use per order. Maximum discount £5.00 over any £50.00 order value.