Zoo Med Repticare Ceramic Heat Emitters are porcelain bulbs that give off heat but no light and are a perfect 24 hour heat source for all tropical and desert reptiles. Because they emit no visible light (relying instead on infrared spectrums), they won't upset your reptile's day/night cycle, keeping them healthy with a more natural lifestyle.
The bulb screws into a standard porcelain incandescent socket with an ES fitting, making it easy to set up in your reptile's environment.
The intense infrared heat, penetrates into the animals muscles, giving them a comforting warming feeling.
- Last up to 5 years (25,000 Hour average life).
- Perfect for high humidity terrariums.
- These bulbs carry a 1 year guarantee (as per instruction leaflet).
- ideally suited to be used in conjunction with Zoo Med's Repti Porcelain Clamp Lamp.
The Ceramic Heat Emitter can increase the inside air temperature of your terrarium a full 5-10 deg C above the outside room temperature.
This is especially important when keeping "high temperature" tropical type reptiles like:
- Green Iguanas.
- Monitor Lizards.
- And other desert or tropical species requiring high (29 deg C+) temperatures.
Ceramic bulbs become very hot and should be used with a pulse proportional thermostat.