Terms and conditions
- While we aim to deliver orders in 1-3 working days, this is not guaranteed and delivery duration estimates are a guide only.
- All "X days" delivery estimates are based on working days, and do not include weekends or bank holidays.
- 1-3 working days delivery is available on items marked in stock, providing items are ordered before the delivery cut off time shown in the site header at the time of ordering.
- Certain items, such as those delivered directly by our suppliers or special order items, cannot be delivered next working day.
- If your order is delayed, you can use the tracking links provided in your order confirmation email to check its current whereabouts, or you can contact us to assist you.
- We can send frozen foods to any UK mainland address via a premium courier service, this costs an additional £9.99 and is not covered under our free delivery offer. Frozen foods are only despatched Monday to Thursday, to avoid being in transit over the weekend and arriving defrosted.
- Swell Reptiles denies any liability for any consequential loss caused by damaged or faulty items, delay in dispatch or delays by carriers. In the unlikely event of a delivery not arriving on time, any extra delivery charge will be refunded. However, we cannot accept any liability involving third party contractors and would advise that no arrangements be made for installation until you are in receipt of your order.
- For frozen and livefood orders, Swell Reptiles accepts no accountability should delivery be attempted and unreceived by the customer, which negatively affects the quality of the products on final receipt.
- You will need to sign for goods upon delivery and report any shortages, errors, or damages to us within 24 hours so we can assist.
We offer a free delivery service within "UK mainland" subject to the conditions below:
- Parcel-based orders under £59 are subject to a £4.95 delivery charge.
- Packets sent by first class post and are subject to a £3.49 charge.
- Orders over £59 are delivered free.
- Couriers charge us significantly more to deliver to certain postcodes. Deliveries to the following areas will, unfortunately, incur a higher charge: AB30-56, IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-50 ZE, Isle of Man (IM), Northern Ireland (BT) and Isles of Scilly (TR21-25).
- Unfortunately our couriers are unable to provide a 1-3 working days delivery service on postcodes in the BT, PA, PH, AB, IV, KW, ZE or HS areas and deliveries will typically take longer to arrive following dispatch from our warehouse.
- For other destinations please contact us.
- Pallet rates available on request.
- If goods are over a certain value they will be dispatched by pallet for insurance purposes.
- We’re really sorry if part of your order is missing. For us to look into this fully, please allow 5 working days. During this time, the dispatching location(s) will be asked to review CCTV footage, where possible, of the item(s) being checked and sent for shipping. The purpose of CCTV is to ensure all orders are being checked for quality and sent for shipping as would be expected. We are unable to share CCTV out with key members of Swell. Should CCTV footage show items being checked and shipped as expected, a review with the courier will then take place. During this time, customers may be asked to provide the packaging their part order has been received in. Customer will also be required to complete a declaration confirming parts of their order was missing at the point of delivery.
- Courier companies will attempt to deliver your parcel/s on two occasions (A card should be posted at each unsuccessful delivery attempt). If at this point a delivery cannot be made the parcel/s will be returned to the depot for collection by yourself.
- We provide an extended returns period to give you extra peace of mind when ordering. If you wish to cancel your order within 60 days of receipt of your products please contact us at [email protected], or tel. 0161 351 4700. Products are to be returned in perfect condition to Swell UK, Unit C SK14 Industrial Park, Broadway, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 4QF.
- The products being returned must be securely packed to avoid damage to the product or the retail packaging. We recommend returning the products by recorded delivery using Parcel Force. We will refund the cost of postage (up to a maximum of £4.95) in the event of an item arriving damaged or faulty.
- Swell Reptiles does not accept responsibility for goods returned by a customer, but which are not received, unless proof of delivery to us or receipt by the carrier is supplied.
- Swell Reptiles will refund all sums paid by you, less cost of return postage. For UK residents, if a product is damaged or faulty then a drop off label will be provided for you to take your parcel to your local collection point. Residents outside the UK will need to cover postage costs themselves.
- Products that carry a manufacturer's guarantee can be returned, if faulty, to us for exchange during the warranty period, but are only eligible for a refund within 6 months of purchase. All products still in guarantee will be tested upon return. If the seller accepts the return of goods/cancellation of order (other than on the grounds of defect) the seller reserves the right to make a handling, cancellation and restocking charge of 10%.
- For presumed faulty goods, if after testing your product is found to be non-faulty, a charge of £9.90 will be payable to cover collection and redelivery before your goods can be returned.
- Products that are specially made/ordered, perishables i.e. magazines, pond liners, plants, stainless steel products, videos, books etc. cannot be returned for a refund unless faulty/damaged.
- We process returns as quickly as possible. Returns are typically handled within 7-14 days, but it may take longer if testing is required to confirm the presence of a fault.
- Goods are not allowed to be tried/tested.
- Swell Reptiles own brand UV Lighting and Electrical products come with a 3 month warranty, unless otherwise stated.
- This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
- Refunds will be processed within 7-14 days.
- The total price payable for the goods will be stipulated at the time when you place your order.
- We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier's prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.
- Until dispatch of goods by the seller of goods to the buyer or the buyer's acceptance in writing of any quotation of the seller (whichever shall first occur) no contract for the sale of goods shall arise.
- All prices on our website are inclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise but exclusive of delivery charges which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order.
Lowest Price Guarantee
Swell Reptiles offers a Lowest Price Guarantee. We'll beat prices advertised by our competitors, providing they meet these criteria:
- The product must be in stock, brand new and boxed, not on sale, clearance, damaged, shop soiled or an auction formatted offer.
- The product must be like-for-like. If we provide a free gift, this won't be included if a competitor doesn't offer the same.
- We only beat prices for UK-based retailers and are unable to provide this service for Ebay and Amazon sellers.
- The product price must include any surcharges ie. postage and packaging, VAT etc.
- A link to the competitors product page must be provided.
- We must be able to verify our competitors price.
- You must have requested the Lowest Price Guarantee quote and have your request accepted and confirmed by us via email, before placing your order on the telephone.
- You can use this service in conjunction with voucher codes or other discounts.
- Swell Reptiles reserves the right to reject price beat requests.
- Please note: Lowest Price Guarantee requests cannot be made after an order has been processed.
- Swell is now retiring the Points Saver Scheme and will no longer be issuing loyalty points with any purchases.
- Points will no longer be redeemable after January 1st 2022, we advise all customers redeem any remaining points on their account before this date.
- Some voucher codes can only be used once per customer. You can only use one code per transaction.
- Not all products are eligible for voucher codes.
- If you enter a valid voucher code, the discount will be subtracted from the order total.
- In the event of your revised order total dropping below the threshold for free shipping, you will need to pay the postage costs or add further items to the basket in order to qualify for free shipping.
- Voucher codes can only be used via the website and we are unable to accept them in store or via telephone.
- Product Voucher Cash Back - Please note the following conditions of use:
* After your goods are dispatched we will add the voucher Cash Back value to your account, which can be used on this site and is valid for 12 months from the date of your purchase.
* Voucher codes are not transferable and must be delivered to the same address as your original order.
* Our voucher codes have no cash alternative value.
* If your original goods are returned for a refund the voucher code will become invalid and the value of a used voucher code will be deducted from your refund.
- Free gifts are not eligible for exchange or refund. If you later return your order for a refund then you must also return the free gift item or otherwise agree to purchase it at the current selling price. In the event of the free gift being out of stock or unavailable Swell Reptiles will offer Swell Points or an alternative product to the value of the current selling price.
- Free gifts are available while stocks last.
- All free gifts will be posted to the address you supplied to us when placing your order.
- Free delivery promotions can exclude some items, which may have a set delivery charge. There may be further surchages for some regional postcodes, such as Highlands and Islands, as per our Delivery Information Page.
- Facebook competition winners will be chosen at random, the prize value is paid as credit on account and cannot be exchanged as a cash value. If your original goods are returned for a refund the value of the credit would be reapplied to your account. Not applicable for postal costs. Valid to use with online purchases only and is not redeemable in store.
- Some products exempt from offers. If the discount coupon does not work on the product added, it is likely to be ineligible.
- Spend and save offer is eligible for one use per order, for the pre-determined amount, as per the promotion.
What Are the WEEE Regulations?
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
- The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
- Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in a landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
- Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items help to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
- Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
What Is Swell Reptiles Doing?
- Swell Reptiles are obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when you buy from us a new Electrical or Electronic product.
- For example, if a customer bought a new electrical item from us we would accept their old electrical item and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
- Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol.
- Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
How to Use the 'Take-Back' Scheme?
If You Bought Your New Item in Store:
- Simply bring your like-for-like item into our store at the address below e.g. if you buy a new electrical item from us, you may return your old electrical item to us.
- Hand it over to the counter staff advising that you want to use the 'take-back' service.
- Show your receipt of purchase (or Invoice) for your new item.
If You Bought Your New Item Online:
- Simply package up your like-for-like item e.g. if you buy a new electrical item from us, you may return your old electrical item to us.
- Put in the post with your receipt to the following address: WEEE Take Back Scheme, Swell UK Ltd, Unit C SK14 Industrial Park, Broadway, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 4QF.
- For large or heavy items please contact customer services by emailing [email protected] or calling 0161 351 4700 and we can arrange collection of your item.
- Alternatively you can recycle any waste electrical or electronic item at your local WEEE recycling depot. For full details please contact your local authority.
- If You Bought Your New Item in Store:
- Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
- Swell Reptiles gives no assurance as to the mutual compatibility of components sold on any single invoice. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the goods purchased are suitable for the purpose intended. Advice sought by the customer from Swell Reptiles in this respect may be given but cannot be relied upon by the customer or guaranteed by Swell Reptiles unless Swell Reptiles has access to the working system and the ability to carry out a full inspection of any equipment.
- Calls made to Swell Reptiles may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. This is for Swell Reptiles use only, and no data or information will be passed to any third parties.
- Swell Reptiles reserve the right to alter / amend any price / product description as displayed on the website at any time.
- If you have any complaints please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to sort out any problems.
- Contact us with your complaint or write to Swell UK Ltd, Unit C SK14 Industrial Park, Broadway, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 4QF.