These are mercury vapour bulbs, and are safe to use with your reptiles - hand them vertically in your vivarium to allow the convections currents to circulate normally within the bulb, meaning you should get around 6000 hours of light, UV and heat out of each bulb, As with all Mercury Vapour bulbs, these bulbs cannot be used with thermostats, and should only be used in large enclosures, or open top tables.
The ReptileSystems D3 bulbs are not just more compact in size but offer a unique 70w version for reptiles that require warmer climates. These also usually work out cheaper to buy and cheaper to run that using a separate UV and heat source. With its standard E27 screw in fitting it should fit almost all ceramic holders, Swell recommend using the ReptileStems Ceramic clamp lamp.
- Provides source of UVA and UVB
- Important for reptiles development and health
- 35 degree beam angle for wide basking area
- Aids the synthesis of Vitamin D3
- Helps prevent metabolic bone disease
- Stimulates reproduction
- No external ballast required
- 6 Months guarantee