Cloverleaf Absolute Tortoise Wormer
Keep your tortoise happy and healthy without costly vet bills
- Simple worming treatment for tortoises
- Treats internal worms, ticks and parasites
- Long-lasting 'just add water' solution
Quickly and easily treat your tortoises at home, without the faff of vet appointments, making it stress free and easier for your tortoise. The Cloverleaf Absolute Wormer is a flubendazole based medication for use against intestinal helminthic worms and external ticks.
Worms are a fact of life for tortoises which in the past has been responsible for many failed hibernations, every tortoise can carry its own complement of parasitic worms. When in good condition and health, these worms are not a problem, but as soon as the tortoise is stressed or hibernating, its natural immunity is compromised and internal parasites can take a hold. This product will control tapeworms and other helminths, and help to ensure a successful hibernation.
Ideally use this when your Tortoise is waking from hibernation, helping them to recover and revive afterwards, and then ideally use 2 - 4 times, especially again before commencing the next hibernation.
The correct dosage to cover all weights of tortoises are per animal:
- 25 grams to 250 grams = 1 x Level blue scoop.
- 251 grams to 2.5 kg = 2 x Level blue scoops.
- 2.5 kg and over = 3 x Level blue scoops.
Usage instructions: Full instructions are inside the pack with a handy blue measure scoop. Shake the contents of the sachet well, measure out the correct dosage for each tortoise to be treated.
- This can be treated through spinkling over food, or treating through a water bath.
- If you are treating more than one animal at a time, they will need to be separated while being wormed and treated with this product.
- This can be repeated if necessary for up to 4 days without any ill effect, and safely re-dosed again if a second treatment is necessary in heavy infestations.
- Ideally treat by sprinkling over enough food for one animal, per meal, per day.
- It is a good idea to gently mist warm water over any food to be treated, to make the powdered medication 'stick' to the food and be consumed by the tortoise being treated. This is the best way of administering this treatment.
- It is possible to add this treatment to a luke warm water bath, at the dose of one level scoopful (supplied) per two litres of lukewarm water, and mix well.
- If possible sit the tortoise in the solution so it can lift its head above the water level for 20 minutes - please note some tortoises may keep their head under the water for well over five to ten minutes at a time. This is normal and they are merely just drinking, and not drowning as long as the water level is half way up the body/shell of the animal and they can lift their head up comfortably above the water level.
- Use 0.3g, or one level 0.5 ml scoop (included) per 2 litres of luke warm bathing water, or sprinkle over enough food for one meal per animal to be treated.
Cloverleaf Absolute Repti-Vet Mite Gone SprayFrom £8.80 Regular Price £14.99 Save £6.19In stock
Cloverleaf Absolute Repti-Vet Reptile Wormer+From £8.80 Regular Price £14.99 Save £6.19In stock